Skip to content

Weekly WODs – July 9 – 15, 2012

July 9, 2012

Week one programming is underway!

Tuesday:

A.
1/2 mile easy jog
Dynamic Range of Motion work (high kick, runners lunge, 6-point burpees, etc.)
10 mins of CrossFit Endurance Running drills of choice with brief (100-200m) jog increasing to sprint between each.
Try working on the following:
Alternating foot pulls
Wall pulling drill
10 x 25 m sprints @ 80%, 90%, and eventually 100%. The key to these drills is to work on powerful starts. You want focus on super fast initial efforts of the line.
Recover completely

B.
12 x 100 meters/30-40 sec rest
3 x 80% of Max effort
4 x 90% of Max effort
5 x 100% of Max effort
Maintain consistent 1-2 second delta between all 5 100% efforts. If your time starts to slip to beyond 1-2 seconds, increase your rest period.

Thursday:

A.
Dynamic stretching

B.
Technique work

C.
8 rounds of:
Run 400 meters
Rest 90 seconds
Record total time without the 8th rest period.
Here’s an ok WOD demo.

Sunday:

A. 5-10 mins of Dynamic stretching

B. 50 mins AFAP (As Far/Fast As Possible)
Record distance to comments

Level training:
Short (5k – 10K): 25 mins AFAP
Med (10 miler – Half Marathon): 40 mins AFAP
Long (Marathon): 50 mins AFAP

Advertisements
19 Comments leave one →
  1. July 9, 2012 2:20 am

Mark Peterson. . . the man. enough said.

Coach D

2. Dani permalink
    July 9, 2012 4:51 pm

The site is AMAZING! You guys rock! Can’t wait to get into Week 2.

3. Kelly permalink
    July 9, 2012 7:39 pm

Nice work! Need to find a spot to do the Tuesday work – if anyone is meeting after work let me know!

• Dani permalink
      July 9, 2012 10:22 pm

Kelly (and anyone else reading) I’d be down to meet up wherever… we can measure it out in the neighborhood around the gym, lake, etc. What time works for you?

• Jeff permalink
        July 10, 2012 5:48 pm

Want to do this after the 4pm WOD today? Late notice I know. Am open to finding a time/place that works for people that want to do the Endurance WOD together.

4. July 10, 2012 7:00 pm

@Jeff – I’m going to try to get to the box by 5pm to knock out today’s workout. I think we can do it near or in the alley. I’m going to WOD at 6pm. Thoughts?

• Dani permalink
      July 10, 2012 7:07 pm

I will try to get there at 5 to work with you guys (no gym clothes with me at work, might be a little late)!

5. Erich permalink
    July 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Today, since I needed to do a 400m TT, I used the main crossfitendurance.com website workout.
    Warmup: 400m light jog, dynamic stretching

WOD:

1) 400m @ 1:15. My Nike+ app on my iPhone malfunctioned and I ended up going just over 0.4 miles at 2:08, which would be 1:15-1:16 roughly. This very well might have affected my 5K time too.

Rest 5 min.

2) Interval: 4 x 400m @ 75% pace w/ 60s rest between.
    Actual: 2 x 400m @ 100% pace w/ 90s rest, then 2 x 400m @ 75% (Note: I did the first two at 100% to work on calibrating my Nike+ app)
    Times: 1:15, 1:18, 1:32, 1:30

3) Finished with 2 x 50m and 2 x 75m of slow, technique-focused running drills.

6. July 11, 2012 12:44 am

Hey guys, Just wanted to share some quick thoughts about the Tuesday workout. I had a chance to time Dani and Jeff during their sprints and I just wanted to share what I told them.

We’re doing these sprints to maintain consistent power output over the course of the 5 100% efforts. So if you start falling off more than 1 sec then thats a sign that you need more rest. So take it. Dani and Jeff maintained times that were all within the .2 to .6 second range. Thats a solid effort and what we are looking for.

Its better in the long run to be able to maintain 100% efforts with more rest, than it is to have significantly slower runs on the 11th and 12th sprints.

Over time, we will all be pushing consistent times with less and less rest. But for now, let’s focus on consistency.

7. Jeremy M permalink
    July 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Hey everyone, this is my second week at the gym, and just this endurance blog. Do I need to sign up for this program, are there classes or does everyone gather to just do it on their own time?

• Jeremy M permalink
      July 11, 2012 4:41 pm

Sorry just followed the link, but read the rest of the page now.

8. Erich permalink
    July 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Today was my first day in the pool in about a year. I felt pretty good for it being my first swimming work in that long. This workout was off the CFE website from the Week 1 program (2 weeks ago).

Note: I biked AFAP to and from the facility (within limits of reasonable city bike riding for safety purposes) on a fixed-gear bike, 3.5 miles each way for 7 total miles.

W/U: 50m x 2 at easy 1:00 pace

50m TT: 45 sec. Was happy with this given time away from pool; 3 min rest after

50m x 10, all held within the 48-54 second range w/ 1 min rest in between

Finished with 20 minutes of mobility work focusing on my lower back, hams, piriformis’, and psoas’.

9. Bre permalink
    July 13, 2012 12:43 am

I was late to the lakefront today (Thursday) and couldn’t find y’all after biking up and down the lakefront… Didn’t help that there was a 5k about to start. Can I make up the WOD? it looked fun/grueling.

10. July 13, 2012 1:59 am

Thursday CFE WOD: 8 x 400, all between 1:20 – 1:30

Total time: 20:57

Great work everyone! Very nice effort all-around!

11. Dani permalink
    July 13, 2012 2:13 pm

8 x 400 = 22:20. That was rough. Thanks coaches for the tips and video! NIce being out on the lake with everyone πŸ™‚

• Jeff permalink
      July 15, 2012 5:56 pm

8x 400m- 22.36 you already got faster than Tuesday. Hope to make the group next Thursday.

12. Rachel G. permalink
    July 15, 2012 1:33 pm

Bummed I missed Thursday and Saturday, nice video work! I survived the trail run up in Baraboo πŸ™‚ Actually felt greattt..already thinking about the next one if anyone wants in…?
    See you guys in the box!

13. July 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Shout out to Eddie for meeting us this morning. Followed his advice too…..run like a cherry picker (I think) and dont let anyone pass you up.