Skip to content

Weekly WODs: July 23-29, 2012

July 22, 2012

Tuesday:

A.
This Tuesday we will meet at CFD at 6:30 p.m., all are welcome. We’ll spend a few minutes warming up with a little technique then launch into the WOD. If you come late, no problem just hop into the workout. If you didn’t get videotaped last week and would like to, just let me know and I will make it happen.

B.

4 x 200 (40 sec rest)
3 x 400 (30 sec rest)
2 x 800 (20 sec rest)
1 x 1600

Record total time, including rest.

Thursday:

(Meet at the Belmont Waterfront location)

A.
Dynamic stretching

B.

10000 Meter Partner Challenge

Working in teams of two, each team must accumulate 10,000 meters by running any number of the following distances: 800, 400 and 200. Only one partner can work at a time. Each distance must be run by each partner at least twice, except the 200, which must be run 4 times by each partner. Fastest team to complete 10000 meters wins!

Sunday:

A. 5-10 mins of dynamic stretching

B.

8 mile Time Trial

Level Training:
Long: 8 mile time trial
Mid: 5 mile time trial
Short: 3 mile time trial

Post times to comments.

Advertisements
8 Comments leave one →
  1. Amelie M permalink
    July 24, 2012 10:44 pm

Tuesday track workout: Not really sure what pace was intended for this, so went 35s for the 200s and 80-90 for the 400s, resulting in rather icky 800s/1600. Ah, well. Total time: 25:23.7. Next time I will shoot for 10k race pace.

2. Kelly permalink
    July 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Great class last night! I will likely complain with the interval training but I do see its importance in improving my pace. Got through the 200’s and 2 of the 400’s before my back started hating me. Last round was an 800 and I felt very slow.

3. July 25, 2012 7:25 pm

I’m pretty sure my calves are going to explode out of my legs after last night’s work out. Kudos to Coach. Kept it under 22MIN minus the rest. Let’s do it again in a month or two…

4. Mark N permalink
    July 26, 2012 2:38 pm

I’m going to miss the Thursday night 10K team fun. Look for a partner to make this up either Friday or Saturday. Anyone interested?

5. Kelly permalink
    July 27, 2012 9:50 am

Great Thursday night!! I was exhausted when I got home

6. Dani permalink
    July 28, 2012 4:42 pm

Tuesday: 26:10 total
    Thursday: Kelly and I ran 49 minutes and some change
    Big 10 10K: my watch time was 46:13. No official time results yet. I had to stop to tie my shoes twice, anyone else have this issue with innov8s?

Last May, I ran 54:56 in a 10K…. hmm, this Crossfit stuff works, huh!

• Dani permalink
      July 28, 2012 7:37 pm

46:08 chip time with a 5K split at 22:55… thanks for helping me learn to keep it consistent!

Trackbacks