Skip to content

Weekly WODS: August 6-12, 2012

August 5, 2012

Tuesday:

This Tuesday we will meet at the Belmont Waterfront locationat 7:00 p.m., all are welcome. We’ll spend a few minutes warming up with a little technique then launch into the WOD.

A. 200 for time

B. 6 min surprise AMRAP

C. 9 x 200 @ 60 sec rest

These are hard efforts. Try to keep each interval w/in 2 sec of one another. If you don’t, you FOUL. FOUL = 2 burpee per second over/under 2 sec range. Burpees to be completed as a group after the workout.

Thursday:

(Meet at the “Belmont at the Lakepath” location 7:00 p.m. sharp)

Warm-up

3 x 1 mile @ 5 min rest

Sunday:

2 x 5k @ 7 min rest

Think of this workout as an opportunity to develop skill in consistency of effort. Apply the same thought process you do when you try to maintain the same time in your 400’s to these 5k’s. These are both high effort. You won’t be able to hold 100% for both. You’re best bet is to hold somewhere in the 85% to 90% range. Good luck… let’s get some work done!

Advertisements
10 Comments leave one →
  1. Kelly permalink
    August 6, 2012 1:26 pm

Is it wrong to mentally prepare to do burpees now?

2. Eddie permalink
    August 7, 2012 10:03 pm

absolutely solid Tuesday workout tonight. First 200 was :33, holding 35-36 for most of the 9 others. looking forward to the mile repeats.

3. Erich permalink
    August 8, 2012 10:15 am

Tuesday: 5000m row @ 18:53 followed by WOD. This is only the second or third time I’ve rowed this far…and definitely the only time I’ve broken 19 min! Not bad for an injured guy.

Speaking of which, after 4 days of sitting on my arse with a torn hammy, I went stir-crazy. Last night, it was time to get back into swing of things. Tweaked hammy again doing pull-up technique work prior to row, but it’s feeling better now. Spoke with Noal about opportunities to maintain my endurance while injured. He recommended I try rowing and see how it feels. Obviously, the answer is that I can row and am pretty happy I can do something at least! I will be doing a lot of rowing work as my injured hamstring does not contract/flex during the rowing movement. This should help me not lose too much this next few weeks I’m “sidelined”.

4. Kelly permalink
    August 8, 2012 10:20 am

Nice work Erich!

Last night was tough – my timed 200 was 45 seconds and then my repeats ranged from 40 seconds to 55-60 for most of them. I’m not going to lie – I was wiped out when I got home and it took some convincing to get out of bed this morning for the 5 mile maintenance run.

Dr. Hip Fixer says my hips are getting a bit more mobile – any suggestions on what to do to get my quads to stretch out? I’m quad dominant and the muscles in there are shortened. I try to foam roll my quads but I really don’t feel much when I do. Once again, he hurt me but I did not cry and relief was a great thing afterwards.

5. Dani permalink
    August 8, 2012 12:18 pm

Tuesday: :38 on the timed 200; stayed between :38 and :40 on :45 seconds rest (hereby appealing our burpees!).

6. August 9, 2012 10:59 am

Hey all – I created a Google Doc for everyone’s results on Tuesday night. Click here and see what how you did https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AltOnNvKBHBcdExTaFBVNy0ycEFVc01NZkwyU3FlM3c

7. Eddie permalink
    August 12, 2012 8:36 am

Scaled the 5K repeats to 3K coming off yesterday’s 100KM bike.

1. 3K @ 9:46…warm-up…
    2. 3K @ 9:22

Thanks, Coach Mark!

8. August 12, 2012 10:12 am

Two 3Ks….
    1. 3K @ 14:something
    2. 3K @ 13:45
    Felt good once I was going. Thanks, Eddie for coming out this morning!

9. Dani permalink
    August 12, 2012 5:23 pm

5K – 22:53 then 22:44. My legs felt tired and heavy after yesterday’s workout.

10. Bre permalink
    August 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Sunday:

I ran from Belmont and Kenmore to Fullerton And the Lakefront… Rested 7 minutes between.

There: 21 minutes 16 seconds
    Back: 21 minutes 36 seconds

I felt a little sluggish during the run, arms were really heavy (probably should do more mobility) and I was really trying to focus on form/technique.